Suede shoes are in fashion from last few years as many celebrities are wearing these shoes in their shows and also the style is famous on the streets as well. Suede shoes are made from a fine quality of leather which requires extra care when it comes to the cleaning part. It is very important to know the characteristics of suede leather so that you won’t damage the shoes while cleaning. In this article, we will provide you simple tips and tricks on how to clean suede shoes?
How to Clean Dust & Dirt or Scuff Marks?
Shoes are exposed to dust and dirt in daily routine when you travel on the road by foot. The easiest way and widely used method to clean the dust and dirt particles from the suede shoes are by the use of a toothbrush. Yes, it is true many people use a toothbrush to clean the suede shoes as a toothbrush is soft and is not dangerous for the fabric of shoes.
There is nothing wrong with using a toothbrush, but the best way to make the suede shoes looks like new is by using the special suede brush which is specially designed for the fabric of suede shoes. Use this brush on the shoes to clean the dust and dirt particles. Try to use it gently and don’t put extra efforts.
Make it sure that the shoes are completely dry and there is no moisture on the surface of the suede leather. To remove the scuff marks you can either use the other side of suede brush which is slighter harder or you can also use the eraser as well.
Additional Tips to Protect Suede Shoes
- If you want to increase the life of your shoes and want to prevail the beauty, don’t forget to brush your shoes after each use when you are going to store them in the box or on the shoe shelf.
- Whenever you are going to wear your suede brown oxford shoes, don’t forget to use the stain protector spray on your shoes. This spray is waterproof and it will prevent the shoes from getting stains and it will be easy to clean if you have sprayed the stain protector.
- If you feel that your shoes are not of the same color when you bought them and its starting fading, you should use suede shoe dye of the same color.
- Give a break to your suede black oxford shoes if there are chances of rain. Protect your shoes from the rain and try to wear some other waterproof shoes during the days of rain.
- When you feel that you are not able to get rid of tough stain marks, take your shoes to the professionals and get their help to clean your shoes.